holywath

 

The schooner Holy Wath was built by William Thomas at Amlwch, Anglesey in 1872. She was owned by the Duddon Shipping Association from her launch until 1920, and in 1921 she was owned by James Nicholson and John Fisher of Barrow.
Alan Lockett states that the vessel was originally supposed to be named "Holly Wath" after the house of Capt. William Morgan, the Duddon harbourmaster and one of the managers of the Duddon Shipping Association.
The Holy Wath was berthed at Milford Haven on Census night in April 1881, and her crew were listed as follows:

John Williams M  45 Amlwch, Anglesey, Wales Master  Thomas John U 45 Dinas, Pembroke, Wales Mate 
Bengamin Hannart U 27 Cromar, Norfolk AB Seaman
John Woodward  U 16 Ulverston AB Seaman
James Stock   U 14 Newport, Monmouth  Cook

The Holy Wath was broken-up at Glasson Dock, Lancaster in 1925.