Thomas pearson

The Thomas Pearson was a two-masted schooner built at Northwich, Cheshire in 1859. In the Lancaster Shipping Register her first master is named as Capt. George Roberts. Her original owners included : Richard Brown of Northwich (presumably the shipbuilder), George Roberts of Amlwch (Master Mariner), Thomas Fisher (shipowner), Richard Postlethwaite of Rampside Hall (farmer), Richard Geldart of Urswick (farmer), William Kendall of Salthouse Marsh (farmer), and Charles Buxton and Myles Kennedy of Ulverston (iron ore merchants).

James Geldart became managing owner in  1876 and she is listed in his fleet in the Barrow Times in November 1877. The Thomas Pearson was stranded on Dulas Island, Moelfre, Anglesey, in December 1895. The wind was Force 5 ESE, and the schooner was carrying a coal cargo from Liverpool to Wicklow. Her master was Capt. A.Kinsella and she had a crew of four.