St silo

The St Silio at Amlwch on 5th August 1936. (Captain J McNamee) She was a screw propelled diesel engine ship brought by the Liverpool and North Wales Steam Ship company in 1936. She replaced a number of steam engine ships such as "The Snowdon" which where used as a pleasure  cruisers from  Llandudno.
She was 314 gross tons and 150 feet in length built by Fairfield Shipbuilding and Engineering Company and started work on 27th May 1936. She was licensed to carry 568 passengers and was specially designed to cater for short sea excursions from Liverpool to Amlwch and the Menai straits. A first class fare from Liverpool was 8/-.
In 1939 she became a troop carrier and on her return to pleasure cruising in 1946 she was renamed St Trillo(II). When the North Wales Steam Ship company folded in 1962 she was brought by P&A Cambell who kept her in service until 1969.