Ymddiriedoaeth Ddiwydiannol Amlwch / Amlwch Industrial Heritage Trust (AIHT)
The Trust (Patron, the Marquis of Anglesey) was established in 1997.
Its aims are:
to conserve the natural and industrial landscape of Parys Mountain and Amlwch Port
to promote scientific and historical research and a fuller understanding of the two sites
to present them for the appreciation of the public.
The Trust has applied for funding from various sources to further its work.
These include the production of a car park and signposted trail around Parys mountain together with a trail and Heritage centre at Amlwch Port based in the Watch tower which was built in 1853.
The Parys mountain penny featured above was first struck in 1787 and continued in many forms until 1817.It is believed that in total over 10 million coins were issued.
The Trust has it's own web site about the Industrial History of Amlwch which can be found at :- www.copperkingdom.co.uk