Twr y felin - Llandegfan

Twr Y Felin ,Melin Llandegfan , Llandegfan , SH56617401 Dates from 1820s but now covered in ivy. The abandoned wind mill was later converted to hold a fresh water tank to provide the village with water. In th 19 th Century there were three working mills in Llandegfan - two water mills and one windmill. This windmill was built in1820 near to the Pen-yCefn public house. Local farmers would take their grain there to be ground into flour. The mill is a ruin today.

In the 19 th Century there were three working mills in Llandegfan - two water mills and one windmill. This windmill was built in1820 near to the Pen-yCefn public house. Local farmers would take their grrain there to be ground into flour. The mill is a ruin today.

The other watermill was a woollen mill. It was known by many names - Cadnant mill, Llandysilio Mill or The Factory.

It was also situated on the banks of Cadnant River, but much further down this time, near to Cadnant Bridge.

The mill was built by John Morgan and Sons in 1840. Many people were employed as weavers there. Next to the mill was a woollen shop and a factory producing writing slates for schools.

Another mill that produced flour was The Pandy Watermill or Llandegfan Mill. This was one of the few flour - producing watermills to be found on Anglesey.

The Pandy stood on the bank of Cadnant River roughly half way between the Church and Cadnant Bridge.

The mill was destroyed by fire in 1935, but the ruin can still be seen today.

The last miller to live and work in Pandy Mill was William Parry.