Melin Llynon
Llanddeasant

 

Melin Llynon , Llanddeasant SH34058523.The last tower mill on Anglesey to retain sails and machinery. Built September 1775 - March 1776 at a cost of £529 11s 0d. Stone tower, rendered, four storeys with boat-shaped cap. Three pairs of millstones: one pair French burrs for wheat flour, one pair Anglesey stones for general milling, one pair open for view. Ceased milling by wind-power in 1924; Four sails in good condition in 1929. restored to working order and opened to the public in 1984.

Llynon mill web site